Anastasia Gilliam and Zay Harrison joined forces in 2011 in Portland, OR. This multifaceted group is very versatile with a vast repertoire of original songs and cover tunes ranging from R&B, Pop, Rock and Blues.
Building on that infrastructure in 2015, Fern Young joined the group on keyboards.
She brings a luscious depth to the music and her soulful vocal harmonies brings symmetry to the powerhouse foundation that is the very cornerstone of Butterfly Breakdown's sound and takes that to a whole new level.
PHOTO: Nicole Callis
• Featured in Portland Notes Magazine
• Sponsored by Breedlove Guitars
• Ranked Portland's #1 Indie/Blues/Rock group by ReverbNation for 4th year in a row
• Featured Artists on Pandora.com
• Featured Artists on Spotify.com
• Nominated for the National Award for: "Best Female Indie Rock Artists of the Year" by Women in Charg3 Radio, Atlanta GA
• Selected as Featured Artists on KMUZ Radio's Compilation CD "Local Roots Live Concert Series" Vol. 2
• Toured Pacific North West and Atlanta GA area
• Performed live for numerous radio and television programs throughout Oregon
• Released: "A Little Water - the EP for Blue"
• Became Breedlove Guitars Sponsored Artists
• Ranked Portland's #1 Indie/Blues/Rock group by ReverbNation
• Chosen as “Artists in Residency” at McMenamin's Boon’s Treasury in Salem, OR
• Began production on their full length CD "Blue" & the EP "A Little Water"
• Gained regular rotation on international podcasts, local and national radio stations
• Touring throughout the Pacific North West
• Co-Wrote, Arranged, Recorded and Produced their first CD “Live From Maui”
In addition to composing and performing together, this dynamic group is involved with a Portland based educational
group designed to discover, mentor, educate and develop the next generation of poets and musicians.
Na HOKU Hano Hano Award Nominated Singer, Songwriter, Percussionist, Producer, Vocal Instructor, Certified Yoga Instructor and Artist Development Specialist
Born in North Carolina, Anastasia was raised in the rural seclusion of the Ozark mountains of Northern Arkansas. She spent most of her childhood wandering through the wilderness exploring the sounds and rhythms of her natural surroundings. This was the beginning of her fascination with sound, voice, percussion and dance.
She began performing at age 7 and by 19 she had moved to L.A. where she collaborated on various recording projects, worked as a voice over artist and studio musician and toured throughout southern California and the southwest U.S.
From 1991 to 2015 Anastasia formed two independent recording/music production companies and released five highly successful albums.
She continued work as a studio session musician, both as a singer and percussionist and has worked as a voice over artist for commercial and non-profit radio stations.
She’s opened for a diverse range of concerts for: Yes, Randy Travis, Collective Soul, Cyndi Lauper and Pat Benetar.
Anastasia has also performed on stage with Grammy Award Winners: Cyndi Lauper, Jose Feliciano, Darius Rucker and Hootie & the Blowfish, Ladysmith Black Mambazo and Eddie Vedder, lead singer of Pearl Jam.
Click HERE or on Anastasia's photo above to go to her website.
Breedlove Guitars Sponsored Artist, Songwriter, Singer, Guitarist, Producer, Author and Poet
Originally from Portland, OR Zay grew up in the musical Mecca that is the Pacific Northwest. She performed in the Atlanta and Nashville areas for 12 years, writing, teaching music and performing in music venues, most notably, Eddie's Attic, Variety Playhouse, Tootsie's, Rubee's and The Bluebird Café before returning to Portland, OR.
She has also worked as a studio session musician producing, arranging, playing guitar, mandolin, blues-harp, singing lead vocals, background vocals and harmonies.
She has played with some incredibly talented musicians over the years including; Daniel Broome and Jeff Bridges, (Captain Soular Cat), Lisa Mann, Rick Holt, Dale Grohl, Chris Combs, Mark Meadors and with Alan Cecil of 'Pangaea' and 'Starship', worked and composed with Dana Coen, Blues-woman Lucy Hammond and legendary Producer Jim Troutner and has crossed musical paths with Ray Charles, Sarah MacLaughlin, Diane Shuur and John Mayer.
An active writer she is currently working on her 3rd novel, a new screenplay, composing new music for television and movie soundtracks, working on a new album as well as teaching guitar and songwriting lectures.
Click HERE or on Zay's photo above to go to her Breedlove Guitars Featured Artist Page